Senior Project Manager – IT Audit
Melbourne, Victoria, AU
June 3, 2019
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage teams to execute risk-based audit and advisory engagements, across a breadth of divisions and subjects; to evaluate management’s internal controls; and influence senior levels of management to take action to improve the control environment.
The Senior Project manager will also share technical knowledge within their department and across the enterprise, and lead and contribute to team and department-wide projects and initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Responsible for a business line/segment of the audit plan which includes being accountable for the related annual/ongoing risk assessments, assisting in determining the audit and advisory plan as well as determining resource needs. Establishes and maintains relationships with management across aligned division and risk partners (including legal, compliance, info security, fraud).
2. Manages overall audit and advisory engagements to ensure the timely delivery of the highest quality work and value-add recommendations. May oversee multiple engagement teams concurrently working in a matrixed team environment.
3. Develops a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the processes, issues, pertinent regulations and risks associated with engagement scope. Assesses the adequacy of the control environment, identifies control gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement and relates it division and enterprise-wide, as appropriate. Performs audit work and analysis on complex audit areas. Provides opinion on audit and advisory findings, ratings and recommendations to senior management.
4. Effectively communicates and clearly articulates the objectives, status and results of assigned work, both orally and in written form, to various levels of management. Influences senior management (department heads and officers) to act on recommendations to strengthen the control environment and make process improvements.
5. Serves as trusted advisor and consultant to the department and business leaders to share knowledge and perspective on topics related to governance, risk, control and areas of expertise.
6. Participates, and at times leads, team, department and/or divisional projects to effectively deliver on operational and strategic goals.
7. Communicates expectations and reviews work of audit team to provide coaching and feedback to aid in their development.
8. Recruits, trains, and develops auditors to ensure that an efficient and high standard of auditing is maintained.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., CPA, CIA, MBA) is a plus.
- Eight to eleven years of experience within the financial services industry.
- Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) with four or more years of previous project management experience preferred.
- Ability to present findings and industry insights to senior leaders across the company.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude and ability to persuade and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy. Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship skills and client focused mindset.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.