Data Governance & Quality Manager – FAS Division
Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
January 8, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a diversified team of data governance and data quality professionals. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop this staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
- Oversees the development, implementation and day-to-day management of the policies and processes needed to strongly govern all of the FAS data sets; as well as oversee the use of technology tool(s) that enable governance of FAS data
- Manages systematic and manual efforts to increase and/or maintain the highest standard of data quality, across all FAS data sets
- Maintains strong collaborative relationships and alignment with relevant strategic partners across the enterprise (primarily the Enterprise Data Governance Program, and the Enterprise Risk Management group). Works with these enterprise teams to adopt best practices around Master Data Management and manages the application of those rigors to the FAS data.
- Represents FAS interests in the appropriate corporate or cross-divisional initiatives. Ensures coverage of data governance and data quality issues in discussions of new product and services, data governance and controls aspects of projects involving legal and compliance issues
- Leads the development of cost effective solutions to data capture. Works with IT to ensure that data can easily be stored, retrieved and leveraged for various organizational uses.
- Leads/oversees the process of selecting 3rd party data providers while working collaboratively with appropriate stakeholders in key decisions within this process
- Develops and maintains data quality and data governance operational metrics and continually monitors metrics to identify potential issues
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required, graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general business experience, with experience in data governance, data quality, master data management, data reporting and/or similar role preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Project management skills and experience (estimating, scheduling, controlling)
- Familiarity with Vanguard’s IT project development process.
- Proven leadership and decision making skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and execute solutions both strategically and tactically.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management within a Division and across the Enterprise with partner groups
- Be a self-starter, open-minded, desire to drive change and improve current standards.
- Good business judgment and ability to quickly prioritize critical initiatives.
This position will be specifically accountable for the governance and quality programs associated with the Mutual Fund Administration (MFA) data domain within FAS. The new leader will also manage existing crew that provide data quality support for the Sales data domain.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.