Senior Investment Analyst – Research
Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
January 8, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads projects/work-streams on investment research issues as assigned by utilizing both internal and external resources. The topics would primarily focus on portfolio construction and investment advice. Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis and offers opinions and recommendations. Prepares written and statistical analyses as needed for clients, prospects and senior management. Includes pros and cons surrounding different portfolio construction options and constructs Vanguard Institutionary Advisory Services’ opinion on subject matter. Presents analysis and results internally and on occasion externally to Vanguard institutional clients. Leads the effort in the ongoing review and enhancement of VIAS investment methodology. Performs detailed methodology audits and makes recommendations on changes. Serves as lead investment resource for internal business partner relationships (Investment Strategy Group, Enterprise Advice, Investment Management Group, Portfolio Review Department and Defined Contribution Advisory Services) on ad hoc investment research projects. Assists in the creation of investment-related presentations given by VIAS senior management. Leads and participates in group discussions designed to identify and debate investment issues and potential research projects. Develops recommendations on new research topics or methodology issues. Serves as department expert on various analytical tools such as ViFi, Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg and FactSet. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance-related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years overall business experience including at least three years direct investment experience. Solid knowledge of capital markets and investment concepts. Project management experience preferred.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (or progress toward) and MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
- Exceptionally strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including broad knowledge of all MS Office software; ability to learn and work with department-specific analytic tools (Morningstar, Bloomberg and FactSet).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Two positions are available.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Some travel may be required.
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
- This is considered a covered department under Vanguard’s Political Contribution and Fundraising Activity Policy and may be subject to greater restrictions than those set out in the policy. Prior to moving into this position you will be required to disclose all political contributions made within the last two years