Journey Analytics Manager
Malvern, PA, US
January 9, 2019
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets challenging performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Leads the advanced analytics analyst team in conducting advanced analytics projects to deliver solutions for strategic and pressing business questions.
3. Provides insight into client needs and behavior, identifies clients with growth opportunity, segments clients for targeted treatment, recommends appropriate client strategies utilizing advanced analytics approaches such as predictive and prescriptive modeling, and creates tangible and significant business impact on Vanguard’s businesses and clients.
4. Builds and develops a team of advanced analytics analysts and data engineers with deep expertise in analytics, technology tools, data and Vanguard’s businesses; supports team’s continuous development to advance their technical and soft skillsets, and to stay abreast with industry innovations in analytics and tools
5. Manages the work process and resource allocation within the analyst team to support and staff advanced analytics projects appropriately.
6. Ensures application of quality controls throughout projects and measures business impacts with robust framework.
7. Leads the team to design, develop, and deliver data to support analytics projects; improves upon process as necessary to ensure completion of sophisticated ad hoc data requests.
8. Keeps abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to champion the adoption of new data, analytic approaches, techniques and capabilities and to determine change management and control implications.
9. Builds deep expertise in Vanguard’s data and external data and consults on this knowledge and applies it to complex analytic projects; identifies data and analytic tool gaps by working with other CI teams, business partners and IT, and recommends corrective action.
10. Partners with IT and Enterprise Data Governance on continuous improvement efforts and stewardship of the data and analytics environment for advanced analytics; champions the needs for technology, data and analytics.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as economics, statistics, mathematics or an applied social science, or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred. Academic training in applied statistics
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience in applied quantitative functions in the financial services industry
- Proven track record leading the development and delivery of advanced, actionable analytic products and services
- Proficiency in applied statistical techniques, such as cluster and segmentation analysis, regression and logistic regression analysis, time series analysis, and developing and monitoring scorecards
- Strong programming skills in SAS and SQL. Python and R experience preferred
- Exceptional leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong presentation skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.