Partnership Services Delivery Manager
January 9, 2019
Malvern, PA, US
January 9, 2019
The Delivery Manager will manage a team of Business Analysts assisting with the strategic implementation of Investment Data Technologies on behalf of the Investment Management Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures when required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Contributes to development of multi-year strategic technology plan. Works closely with senior business and IT leaders, and their teams, to align key strategies with appropriate technology programs and projects. Aligns and influences programs and projects across multiple business lines to ensure appropriate packaging and execution of capabilities to maximize client and participant impact and efficiency of technology resource utilization. Ensures IT objectives (data strategies, system retirement objectives, etc.) and the use of new and innovative technology solutions are integrated into project plans.
- Assists senior management with prioritization, implementation scheduling, and budgeting for the business technology plan. Actively manages upward and downward project pressures and works with business and IT to continuously re-align projects, programs, capabilities and costs to ensure cohesive and efficient technology development and implementation.
- Ensures highly effective communications and business readiness regarding project status and issues occur regularly to key stakeholders in a variety of forums (sponsor, divisional meetings, TRG’s etc.).
- Establishes metrics (i.e. business dashboards) to evaluate teams’ effectiveness and progress. Clearly communicates recommendations and/or requests for information to a wide range of audiences throughout Vanguard.
- Represents the business interests in corporate or cross-divisional initiatives. Ensures coverage of operational and technological issues in discussions of new products and services. Controls aspects of projects involving legal and compliance issues, workflow and procedures, testing requirements, reporting, budget and benefits measurement.
- Provides expertise and information on various interrelated aspects of the business and technology management process.
- Assists senior management in the development of the departmental budget/departmental organizational structure.
- Leads/participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years business experience, with five years of progressively responsible and related project management/technology experience.
- A broad based knowledge of, and experience with key technology.
- LEAN / Product Owner skills.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, conceptual thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong project management skills, client relationship, consultation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels throughout the division.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently, with attention to details and sensitivity to deadlines.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.