Investment Data Analyst
Melbourne, Victoria, AU
January 10, 2019
Due to internal career development, we are looking for an Investment Data Analyst to provide data domain aligned support to IMG, FFS, and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight.
In this role, you will serve as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data clients for investment data related inquires and partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. You will also provide oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides data domain aligned support to IMG, FFS and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. Serves as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data consumers for investment data related inquires and partners with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. Completes daily and ad hoc tasks while working under tight deadlines, managing competing priorities, and analyzing multiple inputs to meet operational objectives.
2. Provides oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely data delivery. Analyzes and resolves complex data issues supporting Data Management as a process expert per assigned data domain.
3. Proactively identifies and leads process enhancement initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve quality. Recognizes and resolves roadblocks to maximize team impact. Reviews and performs root cause analysis of data errors and provides short-term and long-term solutions for issues, elevating issues when appropriate.
4. Provides direct client support to enhance business decisions, anticipating client’s needs and exceeding expectations related to the services being provided. Leverages and strengthens FFS and IMG-wide network to accelerate issue resolution and to improve quality. Partners with external data vendors and industry contacts to enable best in class data management practices.
5. Develops a strong and consistent knowledge of funds and securities assigned and obtains an end-to-end knowledge of the operational processes being supported. Understands details driving the operational processes and the portfolio impacts. Maintains a broad and consistent knowledge of investment management landscape.
6. Participates in new product implementations and other improvement projects by capturing, documenting, and validating business requirements, ensuring systems are properly set up for go-live. Communicates appropriately with all necessary clients and stakeholders.
7. Recommends changes that will enhance workflows and procedures. Integrates new or existing technologies into workflows and communicates updates to all team members, analyzing impact, preparing environment for change, and updating or creating procedures.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or related field).
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience, including one year of project management experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, research, problem solving, and time management skills required. Proficiency in Data Management procedures and strong knowledge of data domain workflows preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to build solid business relationships.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Strong, demonstrated problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of VBA and SQL is a significant plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Proven self -starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and motivate other crew members.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.