Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
January 11, 2019
In this role you will…
- Respond to internal inquiries, provide guidance and rationale for recommendation, and suggest alternative approaches regarding activities of the Vanguard Marketing Corporation (VMC) to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable rules and/or policies.
- Work closely with manager/ supervisor to obtain guidance in complex or unique situations for the Vanguard business units regarding various compliance/ regulatory questions or issues.
- Participate in compliance oversight efforts, including assisting with VMC inspections and procedure reviews across the applicable business areas to protect Vanguard’s reputation.
- Analyze materials and processes, research issues, help prepare findings reports.
- Through performance of daily functions, identify areas of noncompliance and take necessary actions to correct, which may include notifying manager/supervisor and/or working with various business units to revise policies, procedures or practices.
- Handle multiple assignments simultaneously from conception through execution and implementation of recommendations. Coordinate, prioritize, and actively manage tasks as needed to meet deadlines.
- Develop, maintain, and broaden effective working relationships across applicable business areas. Foster lines of communication between, and with, business contacts, the Legal Department, Compliance Department colleagues, and other control groups. Participate in activities and efforts as required with other Compliance teams and business partners.
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge and awareness of the investment industry and regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on compliance monitoring or reporting. Keep abreast of regulatory developments by reviewing, among other things, industry publications and regulatory websites. Serve as a technical expert on FINRA, SEC, and MSRB regulations compliance requirements and develops a deep understanding of the business areas that conduct activities for VMC, including applicable systems and software. Educate fellow Compliance members and relevant business units on significant regulatory developments.
- Perform daily trade surveillance through the creation, review, and analysis of exception reports. Ensure that identified deficiencies are addressed and brought to the attention of appropriate personnel, if necessary.
- Research and respond to requests for information or complaints from regulators as needed. Compile reviews and submit data to fulfill regulatory reporting.
- Review and monitor electronic communications to ensure compliance with applicable rules or Vanguard policies. Elevate identified issues as appropriate.
- Participate in and actively support corporate initiatives like Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence, Gallup Action Planning, etc.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum two year business experience. Regulatory, compliance, investment, or auditing experience preferred.
- Broad understanding of Vanguard’s broker dealer business and the broker dealer industry; knowledge of and experience with SEC, FINRA, OCC and MSRB regulations preferred.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including ability to interact with individuals at various levels internal and external to the company.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Proven ability to change direction in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to analyze and respond to issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Series 7, 24 and 63 licenses or ability to successfully complete within 90 days of entry into position.
- Familiarity with and experience in using relevant broker dealer systems and applications, as applicable.
One position is available. Crew in PA and AZ will be considered.
This is a Trade and E-mail Surveillance position available in both Pennsylvania & Arizona.
The position is considered a “Fund Access Person” position under Vanguard’s Code of Ethics; and, some travel, for trainings, seminars and office inspections may be required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.