Malvern, PA, US
January 11, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
Develops an expertise in Vanguard’s investment methodology and its implementation within Retail Advice.
Maintains a working knowledge of Retail Advice’s business objectives. Stays abreast of relevant industry and competitive developments that may affect Retail Advice’s investment methodology.
Develops and conducts the methodology training for all levels of Advice crew.
Delivers investment content, performs investment research, develops strategy as well as client content on relevant investment issues that is timely and can be broadly leveraged by Advice crew and our business partners.
Assists in the oversight of our managed client portfolios to ensure proper application of our investment methodology, policies and procedures.
Provides analytical support to help Advisors in their client relationships.
Participates in client meetings or calls as necessary.
Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for methodology systems and is a steward of our investment data.
Leverages internal and external resources to meet business needs.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in finance-related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of investment analysis and/or related experience.
- Series 6 and 63 licenses (or obtain within 6 months)
- Progress towards a related higher educational or professional designation (e.g., MBA, CFP or CFA) preferred.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills related to investment analysis and general financial planning principles.
- Superior desktop computing skills including Microsoft Office, with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments simultaneously.
If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a credit and criminal check in accordance with the FINRA regulations. Please note, the credit and criminal check requirement does not apply to crew who are currently registered with FINRA. Please reference the following article with regard to the licensing requirements of this position.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.