Senior Compliance Advisor, Retail Investment Advice
Malvern, PA, US
Scottsdale, AZ, US
June 19, 2019
To support its growing and evolving investment offerings, you will lead regulatory exams for VAI’s (Vanguard Advisers, Inc.) retail advice offerings, develop and maintain departmental compliance processes, support departmental projects, identify and build key relationships with business and corporate partners. Working within a dynamic compliance department, you will support Vanguard’s retail advice compliance program by working with senior management and the Head of Retail Advice Compliance. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you. Are you ready to make a difference?
In this role you will
- Manages key Compliance Department processes by maintaining effective relationships with compliance liaisons, compliance staff, the compliance management team and the business.
- Lead, manage and oversee SEC exams, compliance inspections and projects related to Vanguard’s retail advice offerings. Handles multiple exams and projects simultaneously from conception through execution and implementation of recommendations. Coordinate, prioritizes and actively lead tasks as needed to meet exam and project timelines.
- Manages and continually improves compliance program for relevant entity by leveraging applicable regulations, risk management techniques, and business area knowledge to maintain and test relevant policies and procedures that comprise the compliance program. Anticipates, identifies and reacts to changes in regulatory requirements impacting Vanguard’s retail advice offerings.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge and awareness of the investment industry, regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on the business and the compliance program. Finds, interprets and implements directives and/or regulation that impact(s) the current compliance environment. Serves as a technical expert on applicable compliance issues.
- Manages, coordinates, and ensures readiness for regulatory examinations. Acts as a liaison with the examiners and the business; coordinates the gathering and production of requested documentation and meetings, etc. Maintains backup files for future reference.
- Maintains effective working relationships across Vanguard and with regulatory agencies by developing, maintaining, and broadening lines of communication between, and with, business leaders, the Legal Department, the Head of Retail Advice Compliance, and other control groups.
- Presents key findings and recommendations to senior management and the Head of Retail Advice Compliance. Prepares reports, identifies and tracks key measures and metrics, and designs presentations to facilitate senior management discussions.
- Partners with Office of the General Counsel colleagues to analyze and resolve potential compliance issues and changes in regulatory requirements. Protects and enhances Vanguard’s reputation through continued efforts to strengthen and improve the firm’s and individual business unit’s compliance activities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five + years of relevant business experience with a registered investment adviser, registered investment company, broker/dealer or mutual fund, with two to four years of management experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with SEC, FINRA, and/or ERISA regulations preferred.
- Positive relationship management skills, including ability to interact with individuals at various levels internal and external to the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with attention to detail under tight time constraints.
- Excellent project-management skills and experience.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 licenses or the ability to obtain them within department guidelines of 6 months
- Travel for seminars or site visits may be needed.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.