Fund Regulatory Reporting Analyst
January 16, 2019
Malvern, PA, US
January 16, 2019
As a Fund Regulatory Reporting Analyst, you will ensure the accurate and timely completion of regulatory filings and fund reporting for Vanguard Mutual Funds. You will also be tasked with understanding and maintaining department procedures and controls.
In this role you will…
- Prepare/Review Annual Form N-CEN filings, Monthly Form N-PORT and N-MFP filings, and other regulatory requests for Vanguard Mutual Funds in accordance with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations governing registered investment companies.
- Review and analyze fund data and reporting for accuracy and exceptions. Research, resolve and document items that are unusual in nature or exceed established tolerance levels.
- Perform oversight and testing of data extracts.
- Coordinate with internal IT and external software vendors to make process improvements, system updates and enhancements.
- Keep current on fund events and regulatory developments that may affect regulatory filings, and ensure necessary changes to data are complete and accurate.
- Communicate on a proactive basis with peers, leaders, and internal and external business partners including Global Fund Accounting, Fund Tax Services, Legal, Investment Management Group, Risk Management, Portfolio Review Department, and external auditors to complete all necessary fund reporting functions. Work with business partners to research, resolve and document reporting issues.
- Develop and maintain procedures and controls for all assigned tasks. Identify opportunities to improve department efficiency, develop and implement changes in current processes, with appropriate guidance and approvals. Evaluate the impact of process changes. Communicate impacts to affected parties and help prepare work environment for change.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, data analysis or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years related work experience. Previous experience with structured data filings or financial and regulatory reporting preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively.
- Data analysis skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
1. The position is considered a ‘Fund Access Person’ position under Vanguard’s Code of Ethics.
2. Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.