Head of Organizational Effectiveness Services
Malvern, PA, US
January 24, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage staff, creating a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary to facilitate professional development. Hire, evaluate and counsel personnel. Follow corporate performance management procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resource policies and procedures.
2. Manage the deployment of the Organization Effectiveness Consultants, aligning them with appropriate engagements based on business demand and individual skills, experience, and developmental opportunities.
3. Collaborate with Engagement Lead peers to monitor consultant performance, collecting and synthesizing feedback from clients. Identify individualized and team-wide opportunities for learning and development. Promote ongoing knowledge sharing and training in organization consulting service delivery to advance the quality of deliverables for clients.
4. Manage divisional and regional business consulting engagements to support large scale change efforts in the areas of organization effectiveness, including organization diagnostics and transformation, organization design, and change management.
5. Partner with HRBPs to identify opportunities to conduct organization diagnosis, improve organizational effectiveness, and/or provide guidance on large scale projects and programs for Vanguard’s divisions and regions that directly impact the effectiveness of the organization.
6. Ensure organization effectiveness strategies are consistent across Vanguard while addressing specific and unique HRBP and divisional needs.
7. Review organizational effectiveness findings and implications for business and crew with HRBPs and divisional leadership.
8. Support HRBPs and the business on change management challenges. Work with the business to develop an understanding of the critical processes for change, build commitment to those processes, and ensure that change occurs as intended. Assist in the development of a change management strategy.
9. Provide consultation as required to appropriate parties related to organization design principles in coordination with HRBPs.
10. Assist divisional executives to improve operations and performance through the optimization of roles and responsibilities.
11. Identify and communicate potential areas of involvement for the Talent Management CoE (e.g., recruiting, learning, leadership development, performance management and succession planning), and other HR partners.
12. Remain current on organizational development and change management tools, techniques, strategies and practices in order to provide effective and efficient consultative advice to business clients.
13. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years progressive management experience with a minimum of three to five years in a senior leadership role.
- Experience in client service and consultation and in scoping and shaping project engagements
- Experience with organizational effectiveness engagements including diagnostics and transformation, design, and change management
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through to execution
- Experience managing and working with teams across locations
- Experience working in a global organization preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
For use with external posting: OCS consultants have a diverse mix of skills and experiences. Several current members have been consultants with strategy firms (including BCG and Deloitte), have deep expertise in advising senior level executives, and experience in broader organizational effectiveness offerings, such as high performing team development and talent assessment. Most members of OCS have advanced degrees, including MBAs and PhDs.