Audit Data Analytics Specialist
Malvern, PA, US
February 11, 2019
You’ll be part of the Data Analytics team within Vanguard’s Internal Audit department – a critical line of defense for the organization. You’ll work closely with the internal audit teams to empower, design and deliver analytics that increase the assurance of audits, while also providing insight into the operating effectiveness of the control environment.
As an Audit Data Analytics Specialist, you’ll be acting as an intermediary between internal audit team members, data analysis specialists, and data engineers to help develop and deliver highly effective analytic results and insights.
You’ll work directly with audit teams and leverage your risk and control knowledge to identify opportunities for data analysis and to help design analytic routines that support the audit objectives.
How you’ll spend your days
Your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with audit teams and effectively leveraging data analytics (new and existing), visualization techniques, and automation to impact the breadth and depth of assurance on engagements
- Identifying opportunities and providing analytic design specifications to the data analysis specialists for the development of more complex and repeatable analytics
- Working with data engineers to ensure proper usability and formatting of data sources to support testing
- Providing analytic results to internal audit team members and clients along with interpretation of audit, risk and control impact.
- Educating and empowering audit team members to identify analytic opportunities and utilize DA tools and techniques
- Producing work paper documentation of analytic processes performed
- Providing departmental education, training, and support on DA concepts and tools
You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with audit teams and business clients, identifying challenges by asking probing questions, and providing unprecedented insights through the effective analysis and interpretation of data. Development of these relationship management skills will also enable you to coach and guide newer staff and become a visible and trusted partner across the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of audit, risk, and controls
- Strong understanding of data analytics and their application to all phases of the internal audit process
- Extensive knowledge of common analytic tests applied across core business processes in financial institutions
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with both non-technical auditors and technical data analytic specialists
- Ability to innovate and think of new analytic applications
- Knowledge of analysis practices and concepts (CAATs, trend analysis, reasonability analysis, and regression analysis)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the following data analysis tools: ACL, Tableau, Excel, SQL programming, Audit Exchange
- Knowledge of the following technologies and platforms: Active Directory, Unix/Linux, Oracle, MS SQL, z/OS.
- Relevant certification is a plus (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, or ACDA)
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience (e.g., MIS, Information Technology, Data Sciences)
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.