Malvern, PA, US
February 1, 2019
This role partners with the business to advise how technology, education and process innovation can help them to meet their business goals. With a high level of IT and business acumen, responds to client needs and proposes ideas for enhancements. Solutions Consultants are a trusted member of the IT community and are relied on by the business to achieve their goals with people, process, and technology solutions. They use ideation and experimentation methods, and provide guidance to internal clients with regard to technology and enabling or refining major business processes.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals and the application of such.
- General knowledge of one or more of the following:
Networks * Operating Systems * Data Models * Applications
- An undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years technology industry/field experience.
- Exceptional conceptual, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and FinTech industry.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform recommendations.
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly, learn new things (business areas), evaluate issues, identify and validate problems areas, negotiate scope changes.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Builds productive working relationships with internal clients, team members, management, project teams, and IT partners to ensure recommendations and priorities are understood by all impacted parties. Leverages influencing and negotiation skills to champion an optimal solution. Acts as an advocate for change, overcoming resistance by clearly articulating its benefits and promoting acceptance and usage. Ensures IT and Business teams understand proposed enhancements by continually reviewing approved technology capabilities, business solutions, and estimates.
2. Assists in the translation of business problems into strategic and cost-effective technology solution alternatives, along with recommendations, IT delivery estimates, delivery strategy, and cost benefits to solve business problems. Leverages broad IT knowledge to research emerging technologies and applies these to business problems. Creates blueprint capabilities for software, middleware and hardware deliverables. Ensures all deliverables comply with IT policies and procedures.
3. Partners with business and IT leaders to align business initiatives, priorities, and schedules based on strategic business and IT plans; Collaborates with IT and the business to plan and initiate required activities by leveraging research, design thinking, Lean Consulting Engagements, System Architecture evolutions, and innovations. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodologies, architecture and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards as part of recommended solutions. Is involved in active consultations with technology partners (Solutions Architects, Tech Leads, IT Delivery Managers) related to emerging technology and implementation strategies.
4. Creates and manages the Line of Business capability blueprint for one or more lines of business and its product owners as the business and the industry evolves. Facilitates collaborative discussions to define experimentation, execution strategies, cost, and resource requirements. Develops deep knowledge of the business area(s) supported and assist the business in driving out their 3–5 year technology plan. Develops broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape, corporate business unit strategies, and vendor products available in the marketplace to provide context for decision-making. Provides IT project management to create world-class strategies for a wide range of business and IT goals by leading program-level initiatives. Defines complex problems, using research (market, competitive, and consultant), Design Thinking, Lean techniques, System Architecture guidelines, and other techniques as necessary.
5. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and technical related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards and future state architecture by team members and project solutions.
6. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.