Global Head of Leadership Development
Malvern, PA, US
February 6, 2019
Vanguard is changing how the world invests. As the Global Head of Leadership Development, you’ll ensure that our businesses are mission ready with the talent needed at all levels in the organization for this evolution.
That means bringing exceptional leadership development knowledge and expertise to all we do. Be the leader to drive a high performance culture across the global enterprise by influencing world-class leadership practices and operationalizing them through HR and business partnerships. We have a great people reputation: make it world-class.
In this mission critical role, you will:
* Provide the organization with the targeted leadership talent it needs by implementing a holistic leadership development strategy, inclusive of experiences, feedback and coaching, and lead the team in the deployment of world-class leader development portfolio.
* Develop and advance the Leadership Development strategy from aspiring leaders through executives, partnering with others in HR and the business globally.
* Provide a suite of exceptional Executive Development solutions, to the Succession Management team to ensure meaningful progression towards future roles, and also craft High Potential portfolio to ensure acceleration through the pipeline.
* Be the Global Process Owner for Leadership and Performance Development, maintaining accountability to advance global processes, operating model, technology, and data governance.
* Drive Team Effectiveness across the global organization by developing and implementing a unified, scalable framework.
Turn your passion into the opportunity.
At Vanguard, we’re leading the future of investing, which is driven by our high performance, engaged crew. In this key role, you’ll use your essential HR, business, leadership and communication skills to build your own profile alongside ours. Together we’re a powerful force for change and progress.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Eight to ten years progressive management experience with a minimum of three to five years in a senior leadership role.
- An understanding of leadership and organizational development field.
- Excellent assessment skills and analytical skills.
- Advanced consultative skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Background in client-focused operations.
- Experience working with senior leadership.
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through to execution.
- Experience managing and working with teams across locations.
- Special factors
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Also, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, with clarity, and with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued dedication to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’