Senior Investment Data Specialist
Malvern, PA, US
February 7, 2019
You will provide data domain aligned support to our enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. You will be the point person for our enterprise data clients for complex investment data related inquires and partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides data domain aligned support to Investment Management (IMG), Fund Financial Services (FFS) and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. Serves as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data clients for complex investment data related inquires and partners with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. Completes complex daily and ad hoc tasks while working under tight deadlines, managing competing priorities and analyzing multiple inputs to meet operational objectives. Acts as a point of escalation for complex portfolio and data related issues.
2. Leads process design efforts to support new offerings, business initiatives, or improvement projects. Uses metrics and available data to identify problems, monitor progress, and measure success. Prioritizes initiatives which will close identified business opportunities to maximize business performance and mitigate risk. Leverages technology and other infrastructure components to drive consistency and operational excellence.
3. Partners with IT Technology teams and oversees and participates in the planning and strategic development of data-related technology projects. Utilizes project and change management tools and provides oversight and subject matter-expertise throughout the project.
4. Provides thought leadership and support to global teams and collaborates to help ensure process consistency and issue resolution. Anticipates business needs and ensures client satisfaction related to the services being provided. Proactively fosters effective communication and manages relationships with internal departments and external business partners to improve and maintain the processes under support. Acts as senior point of contact for external providers and other interested parties. Partners with external data vendors and industry contacts to enable best in class data management practices.
5. Serves as the subject matter expert for data domain assigned. Strong industry-wide knowledge of the data management landscape. Maintains awareness of current industry issues and incorporates changing business needs into support solutions.
6. Demonstrates initiative and innovation by independently identifying solutions which enable scalability and cost effectiveness for the data domain. Develops creative solutions for resolving issues, overcoming obstacles, and improving overall quality.
7. Assists in the coordination and implementation of global and regional standards for investment data. Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation of all current procedures and workflows.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree or CFA (completed or in progress) preferred.
- Minimum of seven years relevant work experience, including five years plus project management experience and three years leadership and crew development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise of financial concepts and analytical capabilities. Ability to quickly become knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting the Data Management organization with a commitment to enhancing knowledge of the global financial services industry. Assertively seeks out information through internal and external business partners and industry network.
- Exceptional client relationship, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to effectively communicate with external providers, internal business clients, and crew members at all levels.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Excellent, demonstrated problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of VBA and SQL is a significant plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Proven self -starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others. Ability to interact successfully and build strong working relationships with various internal and external groups on a daily basis. Ability to lead initiatives to desired conclusion.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions. For more information see the following article.