Field Sales Executive – Ohio Broker Dealer Channel
Cleveland, OH, US
February 7, 2019
At Vanguard, we’re transforming the finance industry by focusing on the best interests of investors. That means building mutually beneficial partnerships across a range of investment businesses. As a Sales Executive you will increase the market share of Vanguard products through a targeted consultative sales approach that involves face-to-face meetings, group presentations, and attendance at Financial Advisory industry conferences. You would need to be located in the Cleveland or Columbus (in order of preference) and will be responsible for specifically covering the Broker Dealer channel for the majority of Ohio. Make it count.
In this role, you will:
- Develops new relationships and maintains and broadens existing relationships with financial advisors in assigned market segment and geographical territory through targeted prospecting activities.
- Achieves sales and sales activity goals within the spirit of Vanguard’s Code of Ethics.
- Raises awareness of Vanguard’s investments products and related services and deliver key Vanguard messages through targeted prospecting activities including but not limited to; cold-calling, direct mail campaigns, face-to-face meetings, client seminars, and attendance at national and regional industry conferences.
- Develops, maintains and broadens intermediary relationships by thoroughly understanding the philosophy and dynamics of the advisor/organization (investment philosophy, client base, product preference, etc.) and acts as a trusted advisor/consultant in matching needs with Vanguard products and services. Educates advisors on the benefits of Vanguard and our product offerings.
- Develops a high level of expertise related to the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this expertise, along with product knowledge, to be a trusted advisor to client and prospective clients, and positions Vanguard products and services effectively.
- Partners with select advisors/firms to participate in special events, client seminars, and key producer educational meetings and events.
Build success through your values
Success in Financial Advisor Services means taking a consultative approach to developing mutually beneficial partnerships. Our Sales Executives are strategic thinkers who use their in-depth knowledge of the markets, industry and intermediary businesses to uncover needs and provide the right solutions. They build trust and, with that, the influence to get BDs and RIAs to take up their ideas. Show us a determined, can-do attitude and we’ll help you develop a dynamic career, offering you professional training and a wide range of experience to turn your dreams into real career progress.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Five to eight years financial services industry with at least five years wholesaling experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Proven executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations while traveling for business.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment. Familiarity with Vanguard a plus.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS Office software. Understanding of CRM systems.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.