IT Project Manager – Infrastructure Operations
February 8, 2019
Malvern, PA, US
February 8, 2019
To provide senior level IT project management. To develop, implement, and monitor project plans and coordinate project teams for the design, development, and installation of software, middleware, or hardware deliverables.
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages crew and project activities for technology-related projects. Follows all phases of the project life cycle from inception through implementation while ensuring that business objectives are delivered with high quality and within targeted time frames.
- Oversees all project-level communication and change management activities in support of all project workstreams. Supervises capacity, complexity, and scope of project messaging and delivery of all communications.
- Builds and maintains relationships across sub-divisions and both internal and external partners to support project initiatives. Develops strong relationships with project leadership and workstream leads. Influences key decisions across stakeholders.
- Assists team with the identification, evaluation, and resolution of potential obstacles which may have an impact on the completion of technology projects or communications. Elevates items of high concern to senior management, focusing on recommended courses of action.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years related work experience. Two years of project management experience preferred. Experience in Financial Services or function-specific experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a related field (Computer Science, Engineering).
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
An ideal candidate will:
- Be able to manage multiple deliverables and projects
- Be able to plan, coordinate and execute the project plan
- Have a fair understanding of technology infrastructure
- Have experience with Project Management tool sets
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Project Management discipline