Senior Investment Data Analyst
February 12, 2019
Malvern, PA, US
February 12, 2019
As an ABOR (Accounting Book of Record) Senior Investment Data Analyst, you will provide data domain aligned support to IMG (Investment Management Group), FFS (Fund Financial Services, and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. In addition you will serve as the point of contact for FFS, IMG and other enterprise data clients for investment data related inquires and partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. Lastly, in this role you will provide oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
In this role, you will…
- Complete complex daily and ad hoc tasks while working under tight deadlines, managing competing priorities, and analyzing multiple inputs to meet operational objectives. Act as a point of escalation for complex portfolio and data related issues.
- Provide oversight of specialist activities to ensure accurate and timely service delivery, as needed. Analyze and resolve complex data issues supporting Data Management as a process expert per data domain assigned.
- Focus on improving Data Management’s service offering for new and existing business initiatives. Proactively identify and lead process enhancement initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve quality. Recognize and resolves roadblocks to maximize team impacts. Review and perform root cause analysis of data errors and to provide short-term and long-term solutions for issues, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Provide direct client support to enhance business decisions, anticipating client’s needs and exceeding expectations related to the services being provided. Cultivate and maintain strong strategic relationships as a thought partner across the global Data Management community to resolve operational and service issues. Leverage and strengthen FFS (Fund Financial Services) and IMG-wide (Investment Management Group) network to accelerate complex issue resolution and improve quality and partners with external data vendors and industry contacts to enable best in class data management practices.
- Have strong industry-wide knowledge of the data management landscape and end-to-end knowledge of assigned data domain required for success. Maintain awareness of current industry issues and incorporates changing business needs into project solutions.
- Lead and consult on new projects to ensure operational readiness upon implementation into a live environment. Utilize project management and change management tools and works closely with appropriate clients and stakeholders.
- Recommend changes that will enhance workflows and procedures. Integrate new or existing technologies into workflows and communicates updates to all team members, analyzing impact, preparing environment for change, and updating or creates procedures.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Accounting/Finance preferred) or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree or CFA (completed or in progress) preferred.
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience, including two years plus project management experience and two years leadership and crew (Vanguard employees) development experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and understanding of financial concepts and products. Ability to quickly become knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends and information affecting the Data Management organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and maintains a professional presence. Proven ability to effectively communicate with external providers, internal business clients and crew members (Vanguard employees) at all levels.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Excellent, demonstrated problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of VBA and SQL is a significant plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Proven self-starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders at all levels in the organization. Ability to lead initiatives to desired conclusion.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.