Investment Data Analyst
February 12, 2019
Malvern, PA, US
February 12, 2019
As an Investment Data Analyst (Global Investment Data Management) you will provide data domain aligned support to IMG (Investment Management Group), FFS (Fund Financial Services), and other enterprise data clients and stakeholders to enhance investment decisions and fund oversight. You will serve as the point of contact for FFS (Fund Financial Services), IMG (Investment Management Group) and other enterprise data clients for investment data related inquires and partner with internal teams to ensure integrity of investment and fund data. Lastly, you will provide oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely service delivery.
In this role, you will…
- Provide oversight of operational activities to ensure accurate and timely data delivery. Analyze and resolves complex data issues supporting Data Management as a process expert per assigned data domain.
- Proactively identify and lead process enhancement initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve quality. Recognize and resolve roadblocks to maximize team impact. Review and perform root cause analysis of data errors and provides short-term and long-term solutions for issues, elevating issues when appropriate.
- Provide direct client support to enhance business decisions, anticipating client’s needs and exceeding expectations related to the services being provided. Leverage and strengthen FFS (Fund Financial Services) and IMG-wide (Investment Management Group) network to accelerate issue resolution and to improve quality. Partner with external data vendors and industry contacts to enable best in class data management practices
- Develop a strong and consistent knowledge of funds and securities assigned and obtains an end-to-end knowledge of the operational processes being supported. Understand details driving the operational processes and the portfolio impacts. Maintain a broad and consistent knowledge of investment management landscape.
- Participate in new product implementations and other improvement projects by capturing, documenting, and validating business requirements, ensuring systems are properly set up for go-live. Communicates appropriately with all necessary clients and stakeholders.
- Recommends changes that will enhance workflows and procedures. Integrate new or existing technologies into workflows and communicates updates to all team members, analyzing impact, preparing environment for change, and updating or creating procedures.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or related field).
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience, including one year of project management experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, research, problem solving, and time management skills required. Proficiency in Data Management procedures and strong knowledge of data domain workflows preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to build solid business relationships.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze issues quickly and independently to take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Strong, demonstrated problem identification, analysis, and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Advanced knowledge and skills using current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite. Working knowledge of VBA and SQL is a significant plus.
- Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Proven self -starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and motivate other crew members (Vanguard employees).
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.