Senior IT Auditor – SDLC
Malvern, PA, US
February 13, 2019
As a Senior Auditor in Technology Audit Services, you’ll enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of our internal control environment. Using your technical knowledge, you’ll collaborate with key stakeholders and senior leaders to strengthen risk management and governance processes. You’ll drive meaningful change and be a part of the team that protects, preserves, and defends Vanguard.
Vanguard knows that where risk is concerned, prevention is key. Internal Audit is one of Vanguard’s most valued partners; as the experts who aid business areas in evaluating internal controls and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data. Because of Audit’s essential role, we need dedicated specialists who can help maintain this critical line of defense.
This highly independent role operates as a true partner to our IT division: working side by side with aligned departments, you’ll offer deep analysis of their processes, determine levels of associated risk, and evaluate controls to ensure adequacy. During the planning, testing, reporting, and follow-up steps of the audit process, you are encouraged to do proactive consultation, and identify opportunities for improvement that allow our IT division to achieve operational and strategic goals.
For each assignment, you’ll prepare and deliver high-quality internal work papers, process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings. By cultivating positive and effective working relationships with the IT division, and risk partners, you’ll further drive Audit’s position as a trusted advisor.
To promote an open dialogue, you’ll craft communications for senior management and other governance bodies, and share relevant industry technical acumen and recommendations on global impacts. You’ll develop relationships with colleagues to leverage their skill sets and experience, as well as foster colleague’s success by offering meaningful feedback and reviews of teammates’ work.
Ultimately, you’ll give Vanguard confidence that we are prepared to both serve and defend our clients and their investments.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree in an IT related field of concentration (e.g., Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS) or equivalent combination of training. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA, CISA) is a plus.
- Five plus years of experience in Software Development Lifecycle preferred.
- Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communications skills required with the ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts is required.
- Experience in audit, risk and control (i.e. operational audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance), or experience in regulated industries, preferred.
- Working knowledge of and/or a demonstrated interest in the financial services industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to function in an ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- An interest in sharing ideas and working in a diverse environment.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Excellent time management, project management, and strong relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and intellectual curiosity with a willingness to listen and be a constructive member of a team (direct or indirect) to assist in areas outside of direct assignments, when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Experience with recent project management and/or application development using Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of modern development tools, frameworks, practices, and architectures.
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS and PCF a plus.
- Working experience with common technology and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, PMBOK, and COBIT) a plus.