Manager; Instructional Design and Development
February 14, 2019
Malvern, PA, US
February 14, 2019
Vanguard has an exciting opportunity for an Instructional Design and Development Manager who will lead a team of instructional designers and developers in the creation of learning solutions for the enterprise. Leveraging best practices in adult learning, educational neuroscience, and instructional design and technology, you will provide coaching, feedback, and support to your team to develop meaningful learning experiences that drive positive change. You’ll also partner with the Design and Development leadership team to enhance and drive the strategic vision of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of instructional designers and developers: Support a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel personnel. Follow established corporate performance management procedures. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend compensation changes in accordance with all applicable Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Ensure the efficient and effective design, delivery, measurement, and maintenance of comprehensive learning programs that align to the global strategy.
- Provide leadership to the Vanguard University Instructional Designers and Developers in their professional development as they design and develop comprehensive learning strategies and programs to support enterprise learning priorities.
- Provide coaching on the quality of instructional design and development programs. Support flawless execution for the client base by ensuring Instructional Designers and Developers follow established processes, controls, and procedures and adhere to budget and time requirements. Ensure that deliverables are meeting quality standards and deadlines.
- Remain up-to-date on current and emerging instructional design and development methodology and related standards. As new standards and technology are instituted, advocate and ensure their usage by team members.
- Ensure outcomes-based orientation for team and report on progress towards departmental goals and metrics. Work with the team to collect and analyze data for Crew Development and departmental dashboards.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the Crew Development function and in the business to develop business acumen, determine strategic partnerships, and uncover opportunities for synergies and continuous improvement.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Learning and development certifications preferred.
- Minimum of five years of general business experience.
- Experience in the design of learning and development programs.
- Experience managing teams.
- Experience working in a global organization preferred.
- Understanding of HR policies and processes.
- Advanced knowledge of adult learning theory, ISD practices, and instructional technologies.
- Experience working with Lean or agile project management.
- Client service orientation – proactive and solution focused.
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- People leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, training and day-to-day management of direct reports.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.