Senior Manager, IT Workforce Planning
Malvern, PA, US
Charlotte, NC, US
February 14, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage staff, creating a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hire, evaluate and counsel personnel. Follow corporate performance management procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Develop a strategic approach to workforce management that combines insights from workforce analytics, human capital best practices and business strategy. Provide consultation on workforce strategy. Manage divisional and regional business consulting engagements to support workforce strategy and planning efforts and provide specific solutions and guidance on large scale transformation efforts. Holistically review, refine and consolidate department level workforce plans into an IT wide view that can be used to guide longer term workforce planning needs.
3. Manage the deployment of the Strategic Workforce Planning Consultant(s), aligning them with appropriate engagements based on business demand and individual skills, experience and developmental opportunities. Coordinate with other enterprise and IT (i.e. HR, Global Sourcing Office) subject matter experts as necessary.
4. Collaborate with internal partners to identify opportunities to conduct workforce diagnosis and design and refine solutions in line with integrated workforce plans. Develop strong relationships and act as a liason with other Vanguard shared service partners (e.g., Finanace, Legal, Compliance) to mitigate risk and link human capital and financial/budgetary data to present leaders with a broader context for making strategic human capital decisions.
5. Create, maintain and evolve the analytics strategy that informs strategic workforce planning consulting and reporting efforts. Partner closely with HR and others to inform the types of data and analysis that will assist with effective workforce strategy development and planning. Develop a strong understanding of external macro-economic and human capital data and trends that may affect the future Vanguard IT workforce and review findings and implications for business and crew with divisional leadership and others.
6. Remain current on strategic workforce management tools, techniques, strategies and practices to provide effective and efficient consultative advice to business clients. Develop and maintain tools, templates and thought leadership to support workforce planning. Create the business case for new organizational and informational infrastructure (e.g., skills inventories, technology solutions, process enhancements, self-provisioning capabilities) to develop a comprehensive workforce planning capability at Vanguard IT.
7. Actively support broader Talent management efforts. Identify critical workforce segments, talent requirements and potential new talent sources to support business goals. Work with Talent Management COE to inform programs and solutions to source, develop and retain key talent. Anticipate potential leadership gaps and advance the organization’s ability to retain top talent by predicting attrition risk and identifying potential solutions.
8. Collaborate with peers to monitor consultant performance, collecting and synthesizing feedback from clients. Identify individualized and team-wide opportunities for learning and development. Promote ongoing knowledge sharing and training.
9. Participates in and/or leads special projects and performs other activities as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in one or more of the following specialties: workforce planning, consulting, financial analysis or data analysis.
- Experience working in a consultative capacity with senior leadership.
- Experience working in a global organization preferred.
- Understanding of HR policies and processes.
- Ability to develop and manage a standardized planning process that articulates strategic, tactical and financial goals, plans and dependencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Formal training in multivariate statistics preferred.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to a variety of audiences.
- Strong executive presence.
- People leadership skills including mentoring, training and day-to-day management of direct reports.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.