Senior Investment Writer, Vanguard Canada
Toronto, ON, CA
May 30, 2019
At Vanguard, our investors are at the heart of everything we do. And as a Senior Investment Writer, you’ll provide editorial guidance and writing copy for promotional, educational, informational, and transactional communication materials to our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Create clear, concise, compelling copy that educates the reader and meets specific marketing objectives. Ensures copy is accurate and meets the most recently available compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with creative teams to produce complex or high-profile materials that support strategic initiatives.
- Incorporate in-depth knowledge of investment topics, Vanguard funds, Vanguard services, the competitive landscape, and/or online communication media. Researches new topics as necessary.
- Assess edits and changes from reviewers, finding solutions that surpass client needs while maintaining quality and accuracy.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in identifying and meeting client needs. Works with the internal team to develop and execute creative, “out of the box” ideas where appropriate.
Promote our mission and propel your career
Are you ready to step up as an advocate for your company, your community and your fellow crew members? Then let’s step forward together to communicate the value in investing. With your writing and strategic thinking abilities, you can build opportunities to better our business. With the relationship and team management skills to bring our initiatives to life, you’ll advance professionally, achieving for yourself and our millions of clients.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience and five years industry experience.
- Strong understanding of best practices in online communications.
- Extensive knowledge of financial topics and Vanguard products and services.
- Ability to write quickly and explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to other writers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you have the chance to get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you. We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.