Senior Technical Program Manager
Malvern, PA, US
March 4, 2019
The leader in this role will provide vision, engineering expertise, strategic acumen, and leadership for planning, building, developing and implementing a comprehensive business capabilities that supports the long-term objectives, mission and vision for the Financial Advisor Business.
You will drive the delivery of transformational change by providing leadership to large, complex, multi-stakeholder technology programs focused on overarching improvements to systems, processes, operations, or teams. You will lead and direct internal organization transformation and the activities of multiple large departments or several managers and specialists.
You will hire evaluate, and oversee crew, provide mentorship and training as necessary to develop crew. Set performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
You will run multi-year, cross-divisional technology-related programs. Drive all phases of the program lifecycle from inception through implementation while ensuring that business objectives are delivered with high quality and within targeted timeframes.
You will build and maintain a multi-year program strategy that clearly identifies specific actions and tasks needed to achieve future state goals. Drives communication to many different audiences within Vanguard on the overall goals and outcomes of the program.
You will build and maintain strategic relationships across sites, departments, divisions, and internal and external partners to support their program initiatives. In addition, you will develop strong relationships with program leadership, sponsors, and work stream leads.
You will hold responsibility over technology program budget, monitoring cost variances, and forecasting and allocating program costs. Ensures all steps are taken to mitigate risk and retains control, compliance, audit, and legal requirements.
You may participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of ten years of related business experience, with at least six years of technical project management experience.
- Minimum eight to ten years software development experience
- Previous people-leadership experience is required and Leader of leader experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree in related field (Computer Science, Engineering) required.
- Graduate degree preferred
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Experienced knowledge in a broad base of legacy and emerging technologies and their life cycles. (Microservices and API’s)
- Experience with Software as a Service (Saas) preferred
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT Platforms
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.