Business System Analyst
Malvern, PA, US
March 6, 2019
The Business Systems Analyst will work with the vendor technology software package Archer. You will assist with development of business use cases and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This staff member completes the following activities under moderate direction on smaller projects and with closer supervision on larger more complex projects:
1. Provides intermediate level IT business needs analysis of applications/databases for mainframe, client/server, Web, and/or PC-based software or middleware.
2. Uses a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitated sessions) to determine system requirements and technology needs. Leads requirements gathering sessions for smaller projects. Maps work flows of internal client. Ensures project addresses business needs and IT issues, such as security. Elicits identification of business assumptions and risks. Communicates technical issues at appropriate level for audience.
3. Translates business needs into system and software requirements, and writes requirements documents.
4. Participates in Change Control Board activities to ensure system specifications are met, and to identify the risks and interface issues that may result from approval or rejection of changes. Coordinates submission of change management requests and verifies record assignment, tracking, and closure.
5. Writes use case documents and requirements with moderate coaching.
6. Participates in Inspections and other client meetings throughout the project life cycle to identify issues. Participates in brainstorming and related client meetings. Responds to and resolves functionality problems in a timely manner. Recommends solution to manager.
7. Assists the business lead with writing documentation, user procedures and workflows. May serve as a backup tester for unit, systems, acceptance, and other tests. Assists the technical writer with reviewing user and technical documentation.
8. Has a basic understanding of client business functions, technology needs, tools, and other applications that interface with client systems. Helps to elicit the business criteria used to evaluate IT vendor products.
9. Has a solid understanding and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Has a solid understanding and complies with Information Security policies and procedures. Assists with verification of deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3-5 years Business Systems Analyst experience
- Experience with feature based requirement gathering required. Will work with clients to translate and simplify requirements
- Great meeting facilitation skills are a must. The ideal candidate must “own the room”
- Must have Jira and Confluence documentation skills, along with manual and automation testing skills
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall SDLC methodologies required
- Process modeling is a plus
- Cucumber experience is a plus
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work with different business units and manage time officially
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role