Senior Investment Writer, Financial Advisor Services
Malvern, PA, US
March 7, 2019
The Financial Advisor Services (FAS) story is one of growth, innovation, and endurance. We’ve gained a loyal following by serving clients (RIA, Bank, and Institutions) with a consultative approach that employs simple, reliable tools and resources to ensure consistent, long-term performance. To continue our success story, we are seeking strategic, creative thinkers and influential experts eager to help us continue to revolutionize the industry.
Financial Advisor Services (FAS) Marketing is searching for a Senior Investment Writer. The ideal candidate will produce complex, sophisticated fixed-income investment marketing pieces, commentary, and positioning for financial advisors, investment managers, investors, and Vanguard’s business and thought leaders. This individual will play a key role in telling Vanguard’s fixed-income story.
How you’ll spend your days:
The Senior Investment Writer will conduct research and write in-depth, compelling, sophisticated fixed-income investment marketing pieces, commentary, and positioning for financial advisors, investment managers, investors, and Vanguard’s business and thought leaders.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
- Consulting with product owners, business leaders, and subject matter experts regularly on communications and content strategies. Pitching new ideas and expertly present and ‘sell’ content solutions to senior management, agile team members, partners, and stakeholders.
- Develop and leverage the professional network to foster collaboration across teams to support company-wide initiatives, and to help the department solve problems. Work in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders.
- Play a leadership role on key projects that require data analytics and subject matter expertise.
- Lead or participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
As a Vanguard Senior Investment Writer, you will benefit from career development opportunities, a policy of promoting from within, and workplace flexibility. In addition to gaining a stimulating and prominent role, you will be part of a company where doing the right thing isn’t just a tagline, it’s our passion!
***Please include three (3) writing samples/portfolio along with your application***
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- An undergraduate degree in English, journalism, marketing, or communications, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. MBA or professional certification/designation (CFA, CFP, ChFC, etc.) would be highly desirable.
- Minimum five years general business experience, with experience in marketing, communications, public relations, and/or journalism preferred.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investing, mutual funds, portfolio construction theories, retirement income, and fiduciary/regulatory environment. Familiarity with the institutional investment marketplace and the issues relevant to this market.
- Expertise in communication to different audiences across channels/mediums and styles, including storytelling and visualization.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Familiarity with web design, content strategy, market research, and social media.
- Ability to get buy-in on story ideas and positioning within a large organization.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively on multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.