Senior Financial Analyst
Wayne, PA, US
March 15, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Senior Leadership and their management teams to prepare financial analyses and models that assist in the evaluation of strategic business initiatives, capital investments, new/existing clients and new products and services within Vanguard’s business units. Analysis may include: pricing clients, new products and services; cost-benefit analysis using the discounted cash flow method (or other appropriate methods) to quantify the impact on Vanguard’s projected revenue, operating expenses, assets and cash flow and to assist in the prioritization of investment spending and/or business initiatives; client and business segment profitability analysis using appropriate activity based costing methods to allocate revenue & expenses.
- Is assigned to work on the most complex issues/assignments and does so very independently and without much guidance from their manager. Is able to create new ways to analyze/solve/discuss the most difficult problems/challenges faced by their clients
- Develops and cultivates relationships with new and existing internal business clients to understand their business and ongoing financial analysis needs.
- Develops financial and non-financial measures of business performance for evaluation and control of projects and investments.
- Engages in and contributes to the annual planning process and on-going quarterly forecasts, taking full ownership of: understanding and validating the rationale for the multi-year financial forecast of revenue, operating expenses, assets and cash flow; being able to explain variances to previously communicated forecasts; preparing and presenting quarterly finance review presentations to the Senior Leadership team of the business area(s) you support as appropriate. Prepares and disseminates timely and accurate financial information to allow for efficient use and control over financial resources of a business unit, project, service, etc.
- Understands and utilizes the systems and tools required to deliver the services to various clients and constituents.
- Communicates clearly and regularly with both clients and CFS constituents (Corporate Accounting, Procurement as well as other FP&A teams as appropriate)
- Actively contributes to the development and growth of more junior analysts through participation in the Analyst Training Program, informal mentoring a other methods as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or Professional Certification (CPA, CFM or CMA) preferred.
- Minimum five years of directly related FP&A (or equivalent) experience required
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and drive solutions
- A broad knowledge and perspective of Vanguard business preferred. Experience in financial services industry or consulting preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word. Experience in Hyperion Essbase and PeopleSoft Financials required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Very strong communication skills (Written and Oral).
- Ability to quickly become knowledgeable in current and future policies, practices, trends and information affecting Vanguard’s business and the organization.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Readily learns new concepts and has the ability to incorporate them into analysis and decision making process.
- Provides direct feedback and accurate and timely information to enable effective business decisions.
- Strong listening and probing skills.
- Deadline oriented, with ability to perform under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Comprehensive understanding of broad financial concepts including accounting, tax and finance.
The individual in this role will often times be co-located with their clients. This requires that they be able to function successfully on a more independent basis.
This individual will be assigned the most challenging assignments within their respective FP&A area (i.e. Enterprise, International and Domestic) and will therefore be required to function successfully in ambiguous situations.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.