Senior Manager, Wealth & Estate Planning
Malvern, PA, US
March 15, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Leads the Wealth and Estate Planning (WEPS) team, and creates a strong team atmosphere. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
2. Partners with other senior leaders in PAS to develop a strategic vision for the WEPS team and ensure impactful implementation of the WEPS offer.
3. Builds and maintains broad understanding of financial, estate, and income tax planning topics, and competitive offerings in the industry. Leverages this knowledge to drive strategic enhancements to the offer to ensure it remains differentiated in the industry.
4. Ensures consistent delivery of the highest quality services and on-going advice to existing and prospective managed clients through the WEPS team. Participates in client meetings as appropriate.
5. Positions self and develops a reputation as one of the primary leaders within the PAS management team both within the business unit, and the broader Vanguard organization.
6. Represents and builds external awareness of Vanguard through participation in various professional associations and activities on an as needed basis.
7. Develops close working relationships with all appropriate stakeholders both within and outside the department to meet Vanguard business requirements and partners with key stakeholders to define and deliver upon shared goals.
8. Provides coaching to team in areas of financial planning and CRM. Supports team in analyzing and resolving client planning issues and developing solutions.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned. Sponsors strategic initiatives for the department as necessary.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, advanced degree preferred.
- CFP or equivalent designation strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive financial planning experience dealing with high net worth clientele.
- Strong people leadership skills.
- Solid client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work with other professional advisors in team environment.
- Ability to lead and manage planning service programs.
- Ability to represent Vanguard in professional community and before clients.
- Excellent technical and strategic thinking skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.