Technology Audit Project Manager
Malvern, PA, US
May 22, 2019
In this role you will:
- Manage engagement team and delivery of the overall audit and advisory engagements.
- Ensure delivery of the highest quality work and value-add recommendations. Assess the adequacy of the control environment, identify control gaps and opportunities for continuous improvement based on relevant knowledge and experience.
- Communicate the objectives of an engagement to the audit team, department management and business clients. Outline engagement scope, determine level of associated risk and analyze data to determine underlying root causes. Challenge established processes and controls to ensure they are adequate to mitigate risk.
- Communicate the status and results of assigned work to various levels of management. Influence senior management (department heads and officers) to act on recommendations to strengthen the control environment and make process improvements. Provide opinion on audit and advisory findings, ratings and recommendations to senior management.
- Leverage audit teams’ skill set and experience to drive collaboration and ensure work is completed accurately and timely. Communicate expectations to team and provide meaningful feedback to help develop team members by identifying and communicating areas for improvement in a timely manner.
You will establish and maintain relationships with business management across aligned division and risk partners (including legal, compliance, information security, fraud) as well as participate, and at times lead, department and team projects to effectively deliver on operational and strategic goals of the department.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA, CFA) is a plus.
- Five to seven years general business experience (with two to four years of project management related experience). Experience with audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry. Ability to present findings and industry insights to senior leaders across the company.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy. Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong relationship skills and client focused mindset.
Occasional travel and off hour assignments. May require some overnight travel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.