Senior Manager, Content Strategy and Creative Services
April 25, 2019
Toronto, ON, CA
April 25, 2019
The Senior Manager of Content Strategy and Creative Services will lead the development and execution of strategic marketing initiatives including thought leadership and content marketing strategies, client engagement strategies and creative executions. This role will manage the creative services team with both internal and external design, writing and publishing resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages a team. Provides guidance, training, and coaching as necessary to develop employees and provide rewarding career paths.
- Leads the development and execution of innovative marketing strategies and communication plans that help build the Vanguard brand in Canada and drive new leads for the business.
- Serves as consultant to senior leadership on marketing and communication strategies.
- Maintains the integrity, consistency and effectiveness of the
- Vanguard brand and communications. Influences positioning to ensure connectedness to business goals. Ensures marketing and communications best practices.
- Develops new ways of working by introducing innovative approaches, redesigning processes and bringing technology enabled solutions.
- Develops measurement strategy to ensure team deliverables are enabling business results and desired business outcomes.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in Communications or Marketing required. MBA preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience, preferably in an advertising agency or marketing/communications environment.
- Experience working on creative development on all channels. Including partnering with videographers and writers to tell engaging stories on video.
- Deep understanding of division or ability to quickly obtain.
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, project management, leadership, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute comprehensive communication programs.
- Demonstrated ability to exert influence with internal stakeholders, from middle management to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide guidance and mentoring to creative professionals.
- Demonstrated initiative (self-starting).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience in SharePoint strongly preferred.