Global Head of Audit Services
Malvern, PA, US
April 2, 2019
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard’s Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard’s most trusted voices. The Finance Division is currently seeking a Global Head of IT Internal Audit to have broad oversight of the audit and advisory work across several divisions or business lines. To engage with senior levels of management, including divisional leadership, to advise and report on risk, control and governance related topics as well as industry leading practices. To communicate with global audit committees, regulators and external auditors on the results of internal audit and advisory work and various thought-leadership topics. To manage a team of people, including leaders, to aid in the achievement of enterprise and divisional goals.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance and provides regular and ongoing feedback
- Provides broad oversight of the audit and advisory plan as well as resource needs to support several global divisions and/or business lines. Final approval of audit and advisory reports to senior management. Responsible for the team’s overall progress and measures success in completing the annual audit and advisory plan and meeting departmental objectives. Ensures operational efficiency and effectiveness of team results and sets measureable goals. Determines ways to raise standards, increase quality and improve overall performance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with divisional leadership and senior-level risk partners (ex. legal, compliance, information security). Responsible for managing several Managing Director-level relationships. Shares perspective with team and business management by connecting relevant industry acumen including best practices, audit standards, competitors, regulatory environment, global impact, etc.
- Aids in the creation of reporting to senior level management and global audit committees as well as participates in related meetings to discuss internal audit results and thought-leadership topics.
- Participates in the development and managing of budgets for department and/or projects. Reviews expenses to ensure team is operating within budgetary guidelines.
- Sponsors a portfolio of department and/or divisional projects to effectively deliver on operational and strategic goals.
- Recruits, trains, and develops leaders to ensure that an efficient and high standard of auditing is maintained.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA, CFA) is a plus.
- Over 15 years of experience within the financial services industry with at least five years in a formal people leadership role.
- Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) with at least five or more years of previous project management experience preferred.
- Ability to present findings and industry insights to senior leaders across the company.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude and ability to persuade and influence others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy. Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship skills and client focused mindset.