Field Sales Executive – North Carolina Broker Dealer Channel
Raleigh, NC, US
April 8, 2019
Charlotte, NC, US
Raleigh, NC, US
April 8, 2019
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a field sales executive for the Financial Advisor Services sales team to market Vanguard’s exchange-traded funds and mutual funds to intermediary advisor firms. As a field sales executive, you will increase the market share of these products through a targeted consultative sales approach that involves face-to-face meetings, group presentations, and attendance at regional and national industry conferences. The ideal candidate will be based in the Charlotte or Raleigh Durham, NC areas and will be responsible for covering the entire State of North Carolina and Southeastern VA (Richmond & Virginia Beach areas).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new relationships and maintains and broadens existing relationships with financial advisors in assigned market segment and geographical territory through targeted prospecting activities.
- Achieves sales and sales activity goals within the spirit of Vanguard’s Code of Ethics.
- Raises awareness of Vanguard’s investments products and related services and deliver key Vanguard messages through targeted prospecting activities including but not limited to; cold-calling, direct mail campaigns, face-to-face meetings, client seminars, and attendance at national and regional industry conferences.
- Develops, maintains and broadens intermediary relationships by thoroughly understanding the philosophy and dynamics of the advisor/organization (investment philosophy, client base, product preference, etc.) and acts as a trusted advisor/consultant in matching needs with Vanguard products and services. Educates advisors on the benefits of Vanguard and our product offerings.
- Develops a high level of expertise related to the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this expertise, along with product knowledge, to be a trusted advisor to client and prospective clients, and positions Vanguard products and services effectively.
- Partners with select advisors/firms to participate in special events, client seminars, and key producer educational meetings and events.
- Works in team environment with assigned internal wholesaler(s) and other crew that impact the success of the group.
- Responsible for reporting sales activities to support Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence programs.
- Leads/participates in other projects/duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Five to eight years financial services industry with at least five years wholesaling experience.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations while traveling for business.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment. Familiarity with Vanguard a plus.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS Office software. Understanding of CRM systems.
- FINRA Series 63 and 7.
- Travel of 50% – 75% required.