Product Marketing Manager
April 15, 2019
Toronto, ON, CA
April 15, 2019
The Product Marketing Manager will develop, plan, design and implement marketing programs for competitive products targeted for markets served by various Vanguard segments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies in support of Vanguard Canada’s distribution efforts. Strategies may include quarterly campaigns, advertising, collateral development thought leadership and collateral development, PR or product launches. A proactive, strategic approach is needed to develop thorough but creative marketing communication plans.
- Works closely with and ensures coordination with multi-departmental stakeholders and contacts to determine scope, requirements, and solutions for product marketing initiatives and ensures integration with other projects as necessary.
- Develops written marketing plans, and develops clear, memorable, repeatable marketing messages. Ensures product marketing deliverables are consistent with regional goals as appropriate.
- Participates in product development to ensure new products and enhancements meet client needs, and works with business and communications to develop roll out strategies and timelines.
- Develops marketing programs and product packaging, and ensures the development of accurate, consistent, benefit oriented, and compelling internal and external communications.
- Develops and tracks metrics for success. Conducts continuous analysis of activities to ensure maximum effectiveness of the marketing investment.
- Ensures that key crew members have the knowledge and tools to effectively sell/support product offerings.
- Monitors and analyzes product and marketplace trends, client needs, and competitive offerings across applicable markets. This includes working with analysts to develop and execute market research strategies and competitive intelligence collection and analysis.
- Establishes a high level of knowledge about Vanguard’s existing product offerings and capabilities, and defining the benefits of those of offerings.
- Establishes good working relationships with technical and business leads, decision makers, market managers and researchers, communications professionals, and stakeholders. Recommends strategic directions to internal decision makers.
- Provides mentorship, where applicable.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years related work experience
- Working knowledge in the following areas; familiarity in one area must be balanced by technical expertise in others: 1)Experience with applicable marketplace. 2)Client relationship experience in sales, marketing, or client services. 3) Strong knowledge of investments, mutual funds, Vanguard funds, and investment marketing.
- Demonstrated project management skills, particularly in an environment that crosses functional areas or departments.
- Demonstrated focus on client needs and client communications.
- Demonstrated ability to translate features into benefits.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities with minimal guidance from management.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with people of all levels.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Nice to have: Bilingual French, written and spoken; Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC), licensed for at least 1 year
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Ability to travel on limited basis.