Accountant – Corporate Accounting
April 23, 2019
Malvern, PA, US
April 23, 2019
As an Accountant within Corporate Accounting, you will collect and maintain accurate financial information used for internal and external financial, regulatory and tax reporting for U.S. and non-U.S. entities. You’ll be tasked with understanding and effectively executing accounting processes and controls, and to work closely with business unit counterparts to optimize efficiency of corporate accounting processes.
In this role, you will…
- Execute a full range of monthly accounting responsibilities for assigned legal entities, divisions and/or functional areas, ensuring the proper recording of financial activities in accordance with U.S. and international accounting and reporting standards, statutory reporting requirements and Corporate policies. Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and reviews, prepares and posts journal entries. Provide coding for purchase orders and accounts payable invoices.
- Analyze U.S. and non-U.S. Business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to ensure accurate recording of financial positions. Assist in the preparation and communication of monthly financial results senior accountant and management.
- Identify issues independently. Work with internal business contacts to research issues, develop recommendations, and resolve routine issues.
- Identify risk and assist in updating internal control procedures that ensure proper recording and reporting of financial position and prevent significant errors in accounting records.
- Produce timely reporting of monthly results and other information as required by the Chief Accounting Officer.
- Build and develop strong working relationships both locally and globally to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Work with external auditors during the annual financial statement audit. Analyze and prepare documents/information with the auditors. Answer all auditor inquires.
- Participate in additional projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance preferred). CPA or MBA preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Excellent computer skills including Accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and clients.
- One to two years general experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial and operational controls.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS) preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.