Senior Solutions Architect
Malvern, PA, US
May 2, 2019
Do you want to work on new technologies? Cloud technologies have earned a place as some of the core disruptors in this age of Digital Transformation. The Financial Advisory Services group is investing in cloud applications to enable the business to gain new insights, to quickly make critical business decisions, and to provide a personalized digital experience. You will have the power in your architecture role to help set the direction for the FAS program, while enabling you to expand your technical, business and leadership acumen. Are you ready to make a difference?
In this role you will:
- We will require you to provide the architectural leadership in crafting strategic technology programs, with an emphasis on application architecture for Vanguard’s Advice agenda supporting Financial Advisors. Utilizing your domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs
- You will produce technology roadmaps in support of SI’s application portfolio vision and strategy. This includes monitoring application implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
- You will help define the reference and implementation architectures, and assist to persuade and influence Business and Information Technology (IT) leaders on the architectural direction ensuring application implementation solutions support the business objectives (asset gathering, cost optimization, client loyalty improvement), as appropriate.
- We will utilize your broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision-making.
- We expect you to continuously pursue strong knowledge of new technology solutions by using your knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target business technology solutions (e.g., Forrester on Digital Business, Cutter on investment management, etc.).
Bring invention to investing
Focused on crafting creative user experiences, you’ll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. Your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong interpersonal skills, will make you a valuable member of a reciprocal team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you’ll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
- We need a minimum 8+years of meaningful work experience.
- We are looking for your ability to translate business requirements to potential solutions and to communicate technical concepts in plain talk
- We look for you to be a continuous learner and willingness to experiment
- Strong Relationship Management skills and conceptual thinking skills.
- We desire you to have experience working with third party products within AWS
Specializations that’ll make an impact
- Experience in AWS technologies such as EC2, CloudFormation, EMR Cluster, AWS S3, Splunk, and AWS Analytics.
- Cloud data-related AWS technologies like HIVE, Spark, ETL, AWS Glue, Presto, Hadoop, Athena, RedShift.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Experience in automated unit, integration and end-end testing.
- AWS certification is a plus: AWS Developer/Architect.
- UNIX scripting/Linux configuration.
- We require a heavy knowledge of Python, Java.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.