Senior Auditor Finance and Accounting
Malvern, PA, US
May 22, 2019
In this role you will:
- Work as a true partner with aligned departments in an agile setting to offer deep analysis of their processes, determine levels of associated risk, and evaluate controls to ensure adequacy.
- Proactively consult and identify opportunities for improvement that allow business groups to achieve operational and strategic goals during the planning, testing, reporting, and follow-up steps of the audit process.
- Alternate between various business groups around the enterprise to enable a greater impact and the opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of functions and departments.
- Prepare and deliver high-quality internal work papers, process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings.
- Craft communications for senior management and other governance bodies, and share relevant industry acumen and recommendations on global impacts.
Vanguard knows that where risk is concerned, prevention is vital. That’s why Internal Audit is one of our most valued partners. You will be viewed as an expert who aids business areas in evaluating internal controls and ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of business data. You will be a dedicated specialist who will help maintain this critical line of defense.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA) is a plus.
- Two to four years general business experience required. Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) preferred.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, general ledger account analysis and reconciliation.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Excellent time and project management and strong relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.