Senior Developer – Accessibility
Malvern, PA, US
May 22, 2019
Investing is changing rapidly, and Vanguard evolves constantly to offer the best for investors. New developments in virtual delivery mean that the Senior Accessibility Developer has a significant role to play. You’ll ensure that engaging digitally with Vanguard is always easy, efficient, reliable and secure. But you won’t just improve the online investment experiences for over twenty million people, you’ll break new technological ground. A market-leader, we’re known for looking after our investors’ interests and your work will ensure we can keep that promise. Make it count.
In this role, you will:
- Progress towards being the hands-on Accessibility Expert, where you will advise, support, and contribute solutions to front-end design and development teams as they strive to improve the accessibility of our client-facing digital interfaces
- Help the entire team focus on accessibility and use your knowledge to train and coach Front-End Developers, Software Testers, UX Designers, Content Strategists, Visual Designers and accessibility ambassadors on best practices and creative solutions to sometimes complicated implementations
- Build on your leadership skills, mentor project teams and monitor performance and progress
Innovating for client success
Focused on creating great user experiences, you’ll harness your passion for technology in the interests of our investors and turn design ideas into workable interfaces. Your proven interpersonal, organizational and multitasking skills will put you at the heart of major projects, where you’ll have every opportunity to add to your expertise. As part of our highly regarded team, you’ll build new skills as fast as you build your industry profile.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in information technology or design (or equivalent training and experience)
- At least five years of industry/field-specific experience, including substantial hands-on involvement in front-end development
Specializations that’ll make an impact
- Knowledge of SonarQube quality profile and quality gates and how to integrate that with web applications
- Automated testing experience
- Desire to learn the Accessibility standards (WCAG 2.0 level A and AA) and mentor other crew
- Technology knowledge and experience (JAWS, NVDA, WindowEyes, ZoomText, VoiceOver)
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.