Sales Compensation Analyst
Malvern, PA, US
May 14, 2019
1. Manage the consistent implementation of a sales compensation framework in alignment with Vanguard’s global sales compensation philosophy and business objectives, in partnership with the business, Finance and Legal.
2. Project manage and track sales compensation award criteria, bonus pools, participation guidelines, sales incentive thresholds and programs that are tailored to specific Vanguard divisions and/or countries where Vanguard operates. Support the communication of overall performance, goals, and milestones to participants.
3. Support the implementation of new or redesigned sales compensation programs as required by a specific Vanguard division and/or country.
4. Research and benchmark market data for sales compensation programs to evaluate the competitiveness of sales compensation plans.
5. Perform research as needed, analyze short, medium, and long-term plan effectiveness, prepare summary reports, and review sales compensation program metrics for potential opportunities for improvement.
6. Administer sales bonuses using Vanguard’s sales compensation software. Work with external consultants and vendors related to the system as necessary.
7. Maintain sales compensation plan documentation. Ensure policies, procedures and controls for sales compensation plans are up-to-date and monitor continued adherence. Prepare materials for Vanguard’s Senior Leadership regarding activities related to sales compensation governance.
8. . Serve as an inquiry escalation point for the Crew Central Total Rewards Specialists regarding compensation related issues. Evaluate and approve crew data changes related to the payroll accrual process.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years general experience consisting of specific compensation experience (preferably with two years compensation management experience from which was attained a familiarity with sales compensation practices).
- Experience developing and implementing sales compensation programs, policies and processes preferred.
- Experience with sales incentive compensation software preferred.
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Experience working in a global organization preferred.
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes
- Extensive analytical skills and knowledge of spreadsheet applications and tools, such as Microsoft Excel, is a must.
- Knowledge of compensation programs, compensation governance, compliance and reporting requirements
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.