Senior Solutions Consultant
Malvern, PA, US
May 14, 2019
We never stop working to make investing simpler and more successful for our clients. Your work as a Solutions Consultant will not only give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. It will change the way the world invests.
Vanguard’s Advice Product Strategy and Management team is currently seeking a Senior Solutions Consultant to play a key role in helping bring expert advice to more investors through the creation of innovative digital client experiences. As a trusted member of our IT community you will partner with our businesses to strategically advise them using demonstrated ideation and experimentation methods on how technology, education, and process innovation can help achieve their very specific goals. Your keen eye for business will enthusiastically find opportunities and demonstrate possibilities that technology can enable. You will be relied on to provide strategic mentorship to internal clients with regard to technology when it comes to enabling or refining major business processes.
In this Role You Will:
- Collaborate with IT and business to define complex problems deftly, using research (market, competitive, and consultant), Design Thinking, Lean techniques, System Architecture guidelines, and other techniques as necessary
- Translate business problems into strategic and cost-effective solution alternatives, along with recommendations, IT delivery estimates, delivery strategy and cost benefits to solve business problems
- Bring to bear broad IT knowledge to research emerging technologies and apply them to business problems. Craft blueprint capabilities for software, middleware, and hardware deliverables. Ensures all deliverables align with IT policies and procedures
- Own and manage a capability landscape for one or more lines of business and its product owners as the business and the industry evolves.
- Influence the broad organization to gain maturity in product centric and portfolio planning, IT and value metrics, measurement of metrics aligned to product, owner alignment, capability oriented thinking etc. by demonstrating knowledge of existing technology solutions and options that are already provided to our clients and the research that needs to be done to find new option
What it Takes:
- An undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum eight years technology industry/field experience.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals and the application of such.
- General knowledge of one or more of the following: Networks, Operating Systems, Data Models or Applications
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and FinTech industry.
- Validated experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform recommendations.
- Demonstrable ability to direct a team and program level initiatives to success.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly, learn new things (business areas), evaluate issues, identify and validate problems areas, negotiate scope changes.
Bring invention to investing
Plan on having collaborative discussions to define experimentation and execution strategies and cost and resource requirements. Using your conceptual thinking and analytical skills, you will develop a deep knowledge of the business area(s) supported and assist them in driving out their 3-5 year technology plan. You’ll gain a broad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape, corporate business unit strategies, and vendor products available in the marketplace to provide context for decision-making. Lead program-level initiatives through IT project management to build world-class strategies for these businesses and combined IT goals