Head of Digital Advice Marketing
Malvern, PA, US
May 28, 2019
As a client-focused company, we take pride in having helped millions of investors cut through market noise and make the best choice for investment success. To further our mission, Vanguard is searching for a Head of Digital Advice Marketing. This role supports a critical priority for our firm, and requires someone comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, able to balance the need for broad conceptualization and experimentation with a keen focus on delivering growth at scale.
The Head of Digital Advice Marketing will be responsible for connecting our digital advice offer to the target audience, by developing a go to market plan that includes the following:
* Target audience analysis and strategies
* Owned, earned, and paid channel strategies
* Positioning, content, and messaging strategies.
* Experimentation, measurement and analytics planning
In this role, you will:
- Help to drive your team’s go to market plan from strategy to execution through the use of strong relationship management and leadership impact.
- Build and lead a team in the execution of that strategy, and to manage the integration of marketing communications activities across business lines and communication channels in line with corporate and divisional goals.
- Foster a positive working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and crew development.
- Partner with relevant stakeholders across Vanguard (e.g., sales and client services, other marketing and communications teams, product, client experience) to establish priorities, align work objectives and deliverables, and execute marketing plans. Coordinate governance activities with senior leadership and ensures integration, as needed, across marketing managers.
- Serve as a thought leader on marketing to senior leaders and others. Educate and inspire marketing and communications crew and their business partners regarding marketing strategies and standard methodologies.
- Develop and maintain broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, and industry developments specific to the business area. Conduct research to understand client needs. Consult internally to convey findings and make recommendations to senior leadership.
- Provide direction to team of Marketing Managers to develop, define, and execute multichannel marketing efforts to provide relevant, targeted messaging and thought leadership outreach to support the business and continually build the brand.
- Present multichannel marketing measurement results to senior management as necessary. Monitor consistency of agreed upon tracking methodology. Understand parameters of a successful campaign, relevant analytics, and ensures desired results are measurable and tell a compelling story. Communicate progress, issues, and solutions to senior management to obtain input and buy-in. Provide written and verbal communication to many different audiences on status of marketing efforts.
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard’s mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. As a marketing leader you will drive strategy through a deep understanding of content marketing principles in addition to user experience and digital platforms. You’ll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others within the retail marketing space. Are you up for the challenge?
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Master’s degree / MBA or specialized knowledge/experience/certifications in economy/markets/institutional investing/wealth management preferred.
- Minimum of eight years general experience, including eight years financial services preferred.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills (assertive, consensus building).
- Ability to direct, align, manage, persuade and influence Principals and other senior leaders to achieve a coordinated process with optimal outcomes.
- Strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in delivering cross-departmental projects, strong project management and project leadership.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose-and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Inclusion at Vanguard
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally, employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Extended hours will be required especially during peak activity months.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.