Acceleration into Financial Professional Program
Malvern, PA, US
June 3, 2019
At Vanguard, we are committed to doing what’s best for our investors. That means creating value for our clients from the inside out. In our Acceleration into Financial Professional Program, you’ll join the next generation of finance professionals at Vanguard to help strengthen our company’s future. Take a deep dive into the roles of corporate finance & accounting at a company that’s changing the way people invest-and make it count.
In this full-time rotational program, you will:
- Immerse yourself in four 6-month assignments in key corporate finance & accounting functions of one of the world’s leading investment management companies through rotations in functions such as Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Accounting, Fund Financial Services, or Finance Strategic Shared Services.
- Meet regularly with your department rotation manager, AFP program manager and others to receive personalized coaching and mentorship.
- Complete rigorous training and development experiences to equip you with a mix of technical, leadership, and soft-skills. Leverage these skills to deliver strategic insights during your rotations.
- Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of dedicated professionals working to do what’s right for the investor.
- Have the opportunity to collaborate with your peers and support a departmental project or strategic Financial functions.
Make decisions with impact
Are you a creative and analytical thinker with the agility to take on challenges on the fly? Then we need your help to stand for investors everywhere. At Vanguard, our corporate finance and accounting functions are the underlying keys to our success. We invest internally to bring care and extraordinary experiences to our clients. With a broad view of our enterprise structure, you’ll become a leader in an organization the serves over twenty million clients, worldwide.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will transition into a full-time role within the Finance division including a financial analyst, supervisor, auditor, project manager, specialist and more.
What it takes
- Passion for Finance as an enabling function in an organization.
- An undergraduate degree. All majors are considered, majors in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, data analytics, or statistics preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a high-performing team.
- Professional presence and demeanor working with colleagues and management.
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to lead several priorities.
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
- Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
- Please note that the start date for this program will be in Summer 2020.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests. For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you. We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.