Financial Advisor Development Program – NC
Charlotte, NC, US
June 3, 2019
In order to be considered for our Financial Advisor Development Program, you MUST be eligible to sit for the CFP® exam upon graduation. Completion of the CFP® certification education component, meeting CFP Board requirements, is necessary prior to starting as you will sit for the CFP® exam in the program.
Stand up for investors
At Vanguard, we’re taking a stand for all investors. You can help us advance this mission by joining Vanguard as we strive to redefine the advice industry. Combining rigorous study and development opportunities with hands-on experience, Vanguard’s one-of-a-kind Financial Advisor Development Program will lay the foundation needed for a rewarding career in financial planning. When you join Vanguard, you’ll help steer the financial futures of our clients. Make it count.
In this program:
- You will achieve your CFP® certification experience requirement in two years instead of three following the CFP Board Apprenticeship pathway
- You will engage in high-impact projects and client interaction across Vanguard’s Relationship Management and Sales department and Personal Advisor Services®
- You will develop skills focused on the six elements of the personal financial planning process as you become a successful Financial Advisor and put our clients on the path to investment success
- Participants receive robust mentorship opportunities and support from Vanguard CFP® professionals and senior management while building the network and leadership skills to prepare you for a career in Personal Advisor Services®
Advance your skill set and your career
Do you have the grit and determination to work and learn in a demanding, unique program? Then take the first step into the ever-changing field of financial planning. Your real passion for investing with integrity and drive to do what’s right for our clients will propel you through the experience and help you gain your CFP® certification. We’ll stand by you as you stand up for twenty million investors, worldwide.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree required or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Completion of CFP Board-registered program giving you the eligibility to sit for the CFP® exam.
- Progress towards preparation for or completion of the CFP® exam highly preferred.
- Learning agility to successfully pass the SIE and Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 licenses (or ability to obtain within 3 months of assuming position, utilizing resources and support provided by Vanguard).
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- Industry internship preferred.
- Positive personality with the ability to effectively handle change in an ambiguous environment.
- Real passion for helping and educating clients as it relates to their investment portfolios and dedication to Vanguard’s mission of providing them with the best chance for investment success.
- Support of Vanguard’s overarching values of integrity, focus, and stewardship.
- Strong investment orientation and real passion for advancing this knowledge on a continuous basis.
- Interest in providing asset management services.
- Excellent written, verbal, and Client Relationship Management (CRM) skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, balance multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and demonstrate exceptional time management skills.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you have the chance to get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you. We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.