Emerging Leader Development Program – NC
Charlotte, NC, US
June 3, 2019
Take a stand for investors
Vanguard’s Emerging Leader Development Program is an immersive, hands-on experience where you’ll embark on your path to leadership at one of the world’s leading investment firms. This is a unique opportunity to become the leader you were meant to be, working on key assignments that have an impact on the financial success of our clients. Here, you will discover a rewarding career as you advance our mission and stand up for over twenty million investors, worldwide. Make it count.
In this program you will:
- Experience a holistic view of the business through four six-month rotations across the Vanguard enterprise
- Develop essential leadership skills as you work alongside extraordinary guides in a range of disciplines and receive rigorous coaching and mentorship from senior management
- Engage in complex projects that will be presented to key leadership and influence the financial futures of our investors
- Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of like-minded professionals working to do what’s right for the client
- Gain confidence in navigating the ambiguities of the industry as you identify problems, recommend solutions and improve how the business functions
Kickstart a career that counts
Do you have a natural ability to lead and positively influence others? Your drive and willingness to take initiative makes you the applicant for the Emerging Leader Development Program. This is a chance to unleash your full potential as a confident, capable and engaging leader under the guidance of top industry leadership. Your upbeat work ethic and desire to collaborate and promote growth will be invaluable in looking out for the financial needs of investors. Here, you’ll make your career count as you advance Vanguard’s mission.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree. All majors are considered.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong professional demeanor to effectively interact with internal crew, prospects, shareholders and management.
- Exceptional organizational agility and attention to detail.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
- Flexibility, strong decision making skills and effective time management skills.
- Proven ability to work with attention to detail under tight time constraints.
- Familiarity with MS Office.
Certifications we’re searching for:
- Ability to successfully pass the SIE and obtain the FINRA Series 7 & 63 Licenses
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
- Please note that the start date for this program will be in Summer 2020.
- Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
- Ability to travel
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests. For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you. We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: ‘Do the right thing.’ We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values. When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose. Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.