Head of Retail Marketing Analytics & Operations
Malvern, PA, US
June 4, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
– Manages staff. Supports hiring of staff and provides guidance, training, and motivation as necessary to develop staff in accordance with established Vanguard standards. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
– Defines the strategic approach and execution plan to provide insights and analytical services to leaders and marketing crew in support of the divisional priorities.
– Partners with business leaders, peers and marketing management to provide strategic assessment of key areas of growth and client support to help shape broader strategy and marketing plans.
– Defines, designs and implements the client insight reporting and data information needs for the various business and marketing groups throughout the business line and marketing.
– Leads the center of excellence around personalization, cross-channel and cross-strategy.
– Manages the business technology portfolio, product teams and experimentation function in support of the digital agenda owned by the divisional marketing team. Oversees the quality of delivery, governance of experimentation portfolio, and the budget.
– Partners with business line operations leaders, IT, and CAI to develop and manage the infrastructure and processes for reporting/information requests/delivery of insights to business.
– Owns and manages the internal data-related relationships with key business partners/shared services groups including, but not limited to: IT, Client Analytics and Insight, operational units, Enterprise Data Governance/Privacy, and Information Security.
– Partners with peers within the divisional marketing team to shape the marketing plan and run the business of the divisional marketing organization.
– Leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
– Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience (Masters or professional degree preferred).
– Minimum 8 years’ relevant work and business experience in strategy, customer insights, data analytics, operations management or information technology.
– Broad understanding/familiarity with Vanguard’s business and the investment industry.
– Demonstrated ability to: quickly develop a command of new concepts, including big data/data analytics/business intelligence, marketing measurement/ROI; complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of accuracy and quality.
– Excellent skills in people leadership, strategic thinking, project management and prioritizing work.
– Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse group of professionals and skilled at working through others along with experience in building and leading teams.
– Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully up, down and sideways in the organization.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
– The ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent time-sensitive deadlines.
– Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position