Senior Auditor, Audit Services
Melbourne, Victoria, AU
June 6, 2019
We are currently on the lookout for our next team-member to come and join Vanguard’s Audit Services team as a Senior Auditor. In this role you will perform risk-based and advisory engagements, across a breadth of divisions and subjects, to evaluate management’s internal control environment; perform engagements and assist in the daily project management of engagements.
1. Performs complex work for risk-based audits and advisory engagements (including research, evaluation and analysis, testing and reporting) on topics related to risk, governance, process, technology, controls, and operating practices of assigned engagements.
2. Communicates with various levels of management (department and client) to discuss engagement progress and results. This includes identifying opportunities to strengthen processes/controls and related remediation efforts. Effectively builds relationships with business process owners and management.
3. Participates in client discussions throughout the engagement and executes audit and advisory work, including assessment of risk and effectiveness of controls based on relevant knowledge and experience. Encourages healthy debate and collaboration among the audit team.
4. Prepares and delivers high-quality internal work papers and client facing deliverables such as process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings to be shared with the audit team and clients. Applies relevant industry acumen including best practices, established standards, regulatory and global impact considerations in order to provide recommendations to business management.
5. Communicates expectations to auditors and provides meaningful feedback to help develop auditors by identifying and communicating areas for improvement in a timely manner. Executes the day-to-day project plan and performs detailed review of other team members’ work.
6. Acts as a mentor to less experienced auditors by coaching on internal audit processes and methodology as well as business lines and supporting technology.
7. Actively participates in special projects and department initiatives, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, CPA, CIA) is a plus.
- Two to four years general business experience required. Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) preferred.
- Working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Excellent time and project management and strong relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
About our Culture
The Vanguard culture is grounded in our core values of integrity, focus, and stewardship. It is that unique culture that drives the organization to be the best place to work and invest for Crew (our employees) and clients. Vanguard cultivates an environment of Inclusion where each individual is valued and recognized for who they are as well as their unique contributions, resulting in a highly engaged crew.
Vanguard values the diverse strengths, backgrounds, experiences and identities that crew bring to the organization. With a representative crew, we realize the full potential that unique perspectives have on making decisions in our clients’ best interests.
If this sounds like the right opportunity and culture for you, apply online now.