IT Audit Project Manager, Business Systems
Malvern, PA, US
June 10, 2019
In this role you will:
- Lead and execute integrated business audits with a focus on IT processes, including: system mapping, data flow and interfaces, key report validation, application controls, IT general controls, and supporting IT infrastructure. Applying your knowledge of systems and how they perform, you’ll research and develop test plans for new technologies, learn existing processes, and reference recognized standards and frameworks.
- Define your project’s final scope through collaboration with business process auditors, analysis of technical configuration and process documentation, and discussions with IT practitioners.
- Take the lead on developing, executing, and overseeing brand new audits and project plans, while also providing opportunities to get involved in plenty of intriguing and challenging internal projects and initiatives.
- Build and cultivate critical relationships as you communicate the status and results of work performed to IT stakeholders, business management, and the project team. As the Project Manager, you’ll develop less experienced auditors in audit methodology, IT process and controls, and other applicable skills
- Partner virtually with our offices in Australia, London, and other locations.
As stewards of trillions of dollars, Vanguard is a business that operates on trust – trust that we make ethical choices, trust that necessary controls are in place, and trust that we employ knowledgeable, scrupulous crew. That’s why we depend on Audit professionals to help us identify and manage risk to our business and investors.
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS, Accounting, or a related discipline with proven academic credentials.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience, with recent experience in consulting, internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions.
- Prior Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Good understanding of information technology risks and controls.
- Strong familiarity with common technology, project management, and control assessment frameworks (e.g., ITIL, NIST, and COBIT).
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and dedication to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, etc.) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel is 0 to 5% annually.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.