Our new blog series will help kick start your personal and professional brand on social media. We’ll cover looking your best, growing your network, sharing your story, and staying engaged. Read the last blog to learn how to improve your LinkedIn profile.
Your profiles look great and you are ready to connect with others! But your current network only includes a smattering of co-workers, past and present. Let’s help you make some fresh and impactful connections.
Who is in your bubble that would make a good professional connection?
- Colleagues in other departments
- Peers within volunteer groups you belong to
- Friends and neighbors outside of work
Who is not in your immediate circle, but would be a good connection?
- Alumni of schools or organizations you’ve belonged to
- Peers in similar roles at other companies
- People you meet at conferences
- Influencers in your field
- Authors of books, blogs, and articles
- Members of larger professional organizations you belong to
Connecting gets easier the more you do it. Here are a few ideas on how to reach out. Keep it short and to the point. In fact, LinkedIn has a character limit for their connection notes, so you’ll have to keep it brief.