Our new blog series will help kick start your personal and professional brand on social media. Read the last blog to learn how to make connections and build your network.
You’ve updated your profile and you’ve made some more connections to enhance your network. Now it’s time to tell your story and shape your brand. LinkedIn is your digital business card – so how can you communicate your value and make a memorable impression across social media channels?
- How do you want to be perceived on social media? Do you want to be known as a reliable source of information on a certain topic, an expert in a particular field, a thought leader for your company, a proponent for your profession, or are you someone new to your career or field who can offer insights and advice? There are many different perspectives from which you can begin to brand yourself.
Try asking yourself some of these questions to find topics that feel right for you.
- What do you enjoy reading about?
- What are you passionate about and interested in?
- What do other people tell you that you are good at?
- How long have you been interested in this topic and will it last?
- Create a content strategy. This is not as hard as it sounds. It’s important to figure out what you want to focus on that will help you achieve the brand you want. Start by outlining some content ideas for social that support the brand you are creating and will be valuable to the audience you are trying to build. The key is to post a variety and be more generous than selfish.