Take a breath: Upcoming wellness events
Your well-being matters
Let’s be real for a minute—the last year has not been an easy one. The global pandemic has redefined the concept of well-being at home and at work. Whether you’ve had to adjust to virtual school, working where you live, socially distanced or virtual holidays with loved ones, or any of the other ways the last year has changed how we go about our lives, we could probably all use some time to focus on what our minds and bodies need.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and Vanguard, along with our well-being partners, is hosting several events to further support the well-being of crew.
Virtual Wellness Expo: How our well-being vendors support crew
Mental health is more than just acknowledging how you feel. In order to aide crew in their holistic mental health journey, our well-being vendors have come together to create a three-day expo. The event features wellness focused on a variety of topics, including:
- Understanding the relationship between food and mental health.
- Doing desk yoga.
- Assistance in practicing mindfulness.
- Getting to know each of the vendors and how they can support crew.
A special panel with our vendors will give crew a quick overview of how each of the well-being vendors can assist in their wellness journey. Two of our partners are hosting webinars centered on the topic of resilience:
- The first workshop presents a path to resilience via practical, research-supported tools designed to help crew develop healthy ways of coping with their emotions, cultivate an optimistic mindset, utilize the power of social support, and move forward toward new goals more effectively. Combined, these tools can promote quicker recovery from life’s setbacks, and even inspire personal growth.
- In the second webinar, crew will see how building resilience can help make daunting tasks seem doable and bring a sense of energy and optimism to difficult situations, which is especially critical for those serving as a caregiver. In honor of Mental Health Awareness Month, this webinar will serve to provide strategies and practices crew can integrate into their daily lives.
Prioritizing mental health
We encourage taking advantage of our new services, especially if crew or a loved one:
- Never really considered using mental health care resources, but are feeling stressed, anxious, or depressed and want to feel better.
- Considered using mental health care resources in the past, but have never tried it. One new vendor makes the process easy and can connect individuals with a resource quickly.
- Had disappointing experiences in the past. Finding a good counselor can be a little bit like dating, it can take a few tries to meet the right person. Our approach tailors recommendations to personal needs, goals, and schedules.
“At first, I thought I didn’t have an issue with working from home and dealing with the pandemic. I was wrong. You don’t realize the mental toll it takes on you, from the isolation to lack of boundaries between work and home. I took advantage of Vanguard’s new services and was able to talk to someone who could help me work out the tornado going through my brain and focus on having a clearer mind.” – Anonymous crew member.
Vanguard offers a variety of resources and programs to support crew health and wellness goals. We’re invested in our crew and in creating an environment where everyone can thrive.